
A common difficulty that teachers seem to face is the organization and sharing of their lesson plans in an easier, more convenient way. While notebook planners were the traditional means of organizing information like daily activities and scheduling, there are now online applications and computer software that do the same thing, and even more.
Some of these applications and software are referred to in the Classroom 2.0 discussion boards under the “calendar” tool. One suggested application is iCal. This Macintosh application is a calendar on which teachers may input all of their daily lessons with plenty of space for details. A nice feature of iCal is that it can be imported into the online application Google Calendar. This will allow teachers to keep others updated and to share their calendars with others, as opposed to making copies of their traditional notebook planners to hand out. Numerous online applications are further mentioned that hold similar functions and can be accessed through the World Wide Web. These include 4Teachers.org and oncoursesystems.com.
These online applications and software would greatly benefit teachers who are in need of planners that can hold more space for their detailed lesson plans and in a more organized manner. They are also more convenient for teachers who wish to share their daily lesson plans and schedules with other teachers, their supervisors, substitutes, and parents.

4 comments:
It sounds like these online calenders are a great idea and way to help teachers share their lesson plans and schedules with other faculty members and parents! I never thought of using an online calender before, but it seems like it would make everything easier and more organized.
Online applications and software would greatly benefit teachers who are in need of planners that can hold more space for their detailed lesson plans.
Star Slim
Having calendars online seems like such a fun and easy way to communicate not only with students but parents as well. Such a great way to organize lessons as well!
I think I'd be obsessed with the online calendars, I'm just not sure my colleagues would find it as stimulating. Something though I do believe that somethings aren't really necessary unless of course you're dealing with a group that's really into incorporating technology in the classroom. For other situations, simpler is better; del.icio.us for example would work in my workplace I think, faster then the calendar...I could be wrong though...
Post a Comment